In this episode of Partnering Leadership, Mahan Tavakoli speaks with Azeem Azhar - writer, technology analyst, and creator of the acclaimed Exponential View newsletter. Azeem Azhar is a senior advisor to PwC and is an investor in early-stage startups in AI, renewable energy, female health tech, self-driving cars, and marketplaces.
In the conversation, Azeem Azhar shared perspectives from his book The Exponential Age: How Accelerating Technology is Transforming Business, Politics, and Society. Azeem shared how our societies and ways of life will change due to exponential technologies, why it's essential to understand the exponential changes better ahead, and how to thrive through the many changes ahead.
- Azeem Azhar explained the impacts of technology on society, politics, and business
- Why many people find it hard to understand and keep up with the pace of technological change
- Understanding exponential growth and its potential impact on all aspects of life
- The rise of AI, automation, and other exponential technologies, such as renewable energy, 3D printing, and synthetic biology
- The impact of old tech regulations and approaches in a new digital world
- How leaders can effectively lead through exponential change
- The dilemma of understanding technology in policymaking
Connect with Mahan Tavakoli:
More information and resources available at the Partnering Leadership Podcast website: