In this episode of Partnering Leadership, Mahan Tavakoli speaks briefly about Google's strategic challenge with OpenAI's ChatGPT and highlights upcoming conversations on AI & the future of work, as well as a conversation with a pioneer of augmented reality. The episode also includes a recent appearance by Mahan on Uwe Dockhorn's Lift-Off podcast. In the discussion, Mahan shared more about his work with CEOs and their leadership teams to collaborate more effectively and align so they can execute their strategic plans better. Mahan also talked about the impact of friction on execution and the lessons learned from the best leaders. Finally, Mahan shared a personal "goosebump" with Uwe.
- Mahan on why the biggest challenge facing Google is not the technology
- Why team alignment and collaboration are essential to executing strategy
- The role that friction plays in keeping teams from effectively working together.
- One question that can help start a conversation around a growth mindset and show leadership vulnerability
- Mahan on the significant mistakes teams make with planning and execution
- What the most successful leaders have in common
- A four-step process to help assess and unleash team performance.
- Mahan's "goosebump" moment
Partnering Leadership conversation with Tom Taulli, author of Artificial Intelligence Basics
Partnering Leadership podcast solo episode on The Future is Now
Partnering Leadership conversation with Azeem Azhar, author of The Exponential Age
Partnering Leadership conversation with Steven Sasson, inventor of the digital camera at Kodak
Partnering Leadership podcast solo episode on A Powerful Question to Ask Yourself and Your Team
Connect with Uwe Dockhorn
Uwe Dockhorn’s Lift-Off Podcast
Connect with Mahan Tavakoli: